Thursday, January 7, 2010

the LLLOOONNGG face...


She walked into the living room, a bit teary, a bit in shock, stating, "what happened to Icy?"
Little did she know that I had already blogged about the poor fellow and planned a small memorial service with our trash men.
"But I love him...mama...make him better."
Seriously, what do you say to this? You say, "yes, of course I will put on hold my speech for over four hundred people to do surgery on a stuffed animal. I am a mom!"
As empowered as I felt, could ability really follow suit? Not so sure.
Again, this dear, sweet child pulls me from my sheltered box of ability and into an unknown world of insecurity. Can I do this? I ask again for the thousandth time since she has been born.
After stuffing for a very long time, I went in with white thread determined to make Icy come back to us...
Never underestimate the power of a hopeful child!

1 comment:

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Hey! Your's looks good too! I'm finding out I might be the LAST personal to have a blog. I found it under "add a gadget." I think I typed in a search for "email subscription" and it came up. I'm still experimenting with all of this.