Wednesday, June 3, 2009

the Journey


Okay, so it looks like June may continue to be a tribute to the awesomeness of fatherhood.
I found this picture from our family trip to Mexico and was reminded of what a special time that was for me as my dad's daughter.
The literal picture here is my dad walking my daughter down a narrow walk way after a long day at the beach and him answering a million three-year old questions.
He was so patient to answer all of them, some silly ones and some not so silly.
Now, this picture symbolizes a journey once taken with a man I was so blessed to call my dad and that he tried to continue with my daughter until he was no longer able.
As the path shows more pavement behind than ahead, I am reminded of how quickly his path ended.
So I re-trace the steps of the journey and attempt to duplicate them in hopes that Eden will not miss out on the journey of creativity, joy, and hope that was given to me.
Doesn't this sound like our relationship with our Father, Creator?
We keep re-tracing the steps of those who have had a journey before us with Him in hopes of not missing out.
I am thankful for the journey...even more thankful that I have not been left without a picture of the journey.

No comments: