Friday, May 22, 2009

Little Miss Muffett?

The start of this day makes me want to huddle under the covers and try again tomorrow, but I am a mom so that is not an option.
First of all, I wake up at 3 a.m. this morning with a terrible headache, the kind that makes you start planning your funeral video because it might take you out. So, as I have visually prepared the arrangement of the slides as my Advil is kicking in, my creative imagination runs wild as I truly believe there is a werewolf hunting on the golf course prepared to come through our gallery doors. Planning my scream and run, I decide that I am thirty-five now and need to be an adult and go back to bed.
The alarm chimes around 7 a.m., but my lovely, sleepy head of a husband turns it off.
Frantically, fifteen minutes till we need to leave for Eden's last day of school, I am trying to grind coffee and turn on PBS to bribe the child to wake up while convincing myself it is safe.
We load up...drive like we are on a Harley and make it to school on time with a sigh of relief.
Minus the fact that my daughter let me know that I am always late and that she has a back up plan for such behavior, I am basking in my glow of good parenting for arriving on time.
Until...
I feel this string of something go across my face as I am heading over sixty miles per hour on the expressway. I do the arm brush to see if I can get it off. Not paying much attention, just wanting the tickle on my cheek to go away.
Then...
No imagination needed here, I bring my coffee cup up to get a drink and just happen to glance down and see that I am attempting to drink a spider. Yes, girls, you heard right...a spider.
Now, I am screaming, swerving, feeling betrayed...grabbing across the passenger seat for some tissue paper out of gift that is over a month late to a friend...stuffing the paper in the cup...throwing the cup in the holder...waiting for the offense to make the spider come out and bite me and tell me how cruel I have been to him.
Freaked out and humbly enjoying my second cup of coffee in a clean cup, I can only hope that this day will not continue in this manner and that I in fact will not become Little Miss Muffett ever again!

No comments: