Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Beautiful Reflection

What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. All weekend I have been on the verge of tears as I have watched my beautiful daughter grow up. Such strong emotion probably comes from the years I was told that I would never have children.
Brian and I went through In Vitro to have Eden and it was truly our last ditch effort before resigning to the fact that we were going to be the family, just us.
The excitement of finding out we were pregnant lasted until our first trip to the hospital with premature labor. The whole pregnancy was like sitting on pins and needles. So many highs and lows with an incredible ending. Eden.
Now, over seven years later I sit amazed at all the talent and beauty God gave our little girl and that I get to be her mom. She has surpassed all of my hopes and continues to grow in character and grace.
To look back over the journey and craziness that comes with motherhood, I look back reminded of the gift of being called, "mom."
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: