Friday, May 8, 2009

Connection Cake

I have a really great life.
Sure, I have some moments that bring tears to my eyes, but we all do.
The great thing about my life is that it is connected to so many other people's lives.
Yesterday, I got to be connected with a wonderful person, Sandra, who showed up to Skelly Elementary and helped me donate books and journals to over 200 kids. She has amazed me with her high-level of commitment to Blended Love and her willingness to roll her up sleeves and get busy. Just her presence alone almost brought me to tears. There is truly nothing like sharing an experience with a friend who saw it all firsthand.
I also got to have lunch with my mom at Lucky's, which was awesome, and enjoy the undivided attention only a mom can give.
Then, I had the privilege of being Eden's stage mom and helping her with all of her recital needs for the big dress rehearsal. I actually got teary-eyed again watching her enjoy dancing with her friends. The connection of being the mom is even more rewarding than I had planned when I had kids in theory.
The icing on my connection cake for the day was my dear friend and husband, Brian, who took us to ice cream. His attention is still always a treat and Eden and I love being so wanted.
So, if you are ever taking advice on a tasty dessert, I strongly suggest the connection cake.

No comments: