Monday, July 25, 2011

Blessing Mommy


Today was one of THOSE days.  Since I am the writer and you are the reader, just fill in the blank with a bunch of drama and anxiety of your own flavor and add a times ten to it.  Yes, several pats on the chest reassuring myself that this is simply anxiety not a heart attack in my late thirties.
So as I am washing the dishes after dinner relishing in the five seconds standing alone with no deadlines or drama I hear a faint chorus coming from the bedroom, “we’ve got to go bless…Mommy…”
Dancing to the kitchen island with a Macbook in hand appears a working Daddy with a singing Eden.
“We have to bless Mommy with our presence…”  the two continue to sing without any shower to blend their tones.
At this point the song goes completely south including all kinds of bodily functions and then plummets into an ensemble of all of my most embarrassing moments and to top it off they added some human smells to the music.
I am rolling – a full snort adds to their noise.
Ironically enough, although the two of them took away my quiet moment, ambushed me with insults and terrible songs – they blessed me.
My heart quit palpitating.  I laughed.
All is well in the world again.

No comments: