Sunday, March 27, 2011

Live / Laugh / Love

How many of you have a plaque or a framed piece of art that says, "Live, Laugh, Love?"
I do.
I look at it almost everyday and most days walk away completely forgetting my intentions for the day.
Today was one of those days.  I just walked away and forgot to enjoy the live part or to laugh at myself for being so serious or to relish in the love all around me.  Shame on me.  What a poop.
So, as I am recapping the day with self-deprecation and disappointment I got an email, an update from my friend Cari.  She is in Houston at MD Anderson.
Cari has just begun her fight against cancer.  She is forty-five years old and has cancer throughout her body.  She has no idea how much longer she has to LIVE / LAUGH / LOVE, yet she does it - like right now.  She values it.  She knows how precious it is to find the funny in the moment even in a hospital.  She knows how important it is to tell her husband, Steve, how much she loves him.  She knows what she wants - to LIVE.
Cari didn't have a bad attitude today.  Praise God for Cari.  She reminds us all to live by the plaques hanging on our walls.

No comments: