Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Live Alive

Life is going on right now.  This is truly not a dress rehearsal, it's the real deal.
Sometimes I get that, like really get that.  Today was one of those days.
I had the honor of teaching kids at Skelly Elementary the right way to do a book report.  As if that was not enough, I actually got to use my own, soon to be published, book.  Wow.  Vulnerable and engaged, me fully alive.  The beauty of this event is that I am not scared to live it.  I don't shy away from taking risks because I realize the real risk would be dying having never tried for anything.
But my day even gets better.  It gets better because as I drive away from Skelly I am reflecting on how very, very grateful I am for the life I am getting to live.  It is a rich and full life.
My cell phone goes off and my buddy just so happens to be in the area and available for coffee.  As we are catching up I am sharing another aspiration which thankfully she is on board with and ready to go.  Again, engaged - alive.  Alive in ambition and alive in friendship.
Next is an incredible meeting with an attorney from Romania, I see such deep compassion in her eyes for children in conflict.  She energizes my passion and allows me to feel the global human existence.  Alive in my global thoughts, meaning abroad.
We both attend a meeting with our Program Committee at Blended Love where we are creating an on-line class for teachers.  Alive, productivity in the realm of my passion.
Starving I grab a bite to eat and go pick up Eden from school.  She hops in and immediately goes into the events of her day.  To her, I am a mom, all other hats are dropped when I pick her up.  My name tag clearly reads, "Eden's Mom."  I love that.  Alive in heart.  The one I wear on her shirt.  She centers my dreams and brings with her - the present.  This moment, the one that is non-repeatable.
Tonight I will snuggle up with my best friend and he will get the full version of such a beautiful day, again...rich.  I am rich with the gift of life.  I understand that a moment can change or take away a life.  I pray that each day I truly choose life.  I pray I do not get hung up on petty details and forget that life is to be lived not wasted on fear, lazy thoughts or giving up.
Life.  Today.  Thank you.

No comments: