Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Children Change Our Lives

I don't know why I get surprised when Eden changes my life.  She has been doing it since the day she was born.  In just a matter of minutes I went from only wanting her out of my body to wanting her back in because I knew she was safe in there and I couldn't promise her that on the outside world.
She has given me vision - time and time again.
The day I saw her heart break over Brian and I not being able to communicate made me learn how quickly.  She got me thinking about my own wounding and why I found it so difficult to talk out issues.  In a way, I can safely say she started a non-profit for children of divorce because she made me look back and heal an open gash which led me to wanting to help others do the same.
Since her creation I have taken many winding roads that would have otherwise been straight.  She has given me courage to desire a legacy.
And now, right now, she is turning my world upside down as she struggles with Celiac Disease.  Just an 1/8th of a teaspoon causes her to throw up violently.  It lasts for days.  So, par the course, I am researching like crazy and learning all about how to be the mom I need to be and how help others as I learn.
When I got diagnosed, I just stayed away from any kind of gluten or thought of gluten, but of course - it takes her to make me really master it.
Children change our lives.  In a moment, they bring us to places we may have never been to if it weren't for the gift of them.

No comments: