Friday, September 3, 2010

Humbled

Humility is an interesting thing.  Some believe that you must experience hardships to have humility.  That can be true.  I have definitely experienced that type of humility.  That kind of humility gets you some great dinner party conversation.  A good friend and I were laughing at all the horrid cars we'd had to step out of in our lives.  Some that would shout your arrival with squeaky brakes or wretched mufflers.  Oh, hardship that has grown funny.
But sometimes humility comes in the form of having so much more than you've ever asked or imagined and having someone acknowledge that.
God has been so good and gracious to me.  My hopes and dreams have all come true.  Bending the ear of His Majesty was at the very top, down to living out my passion....it is all there...all more than I ever asked or imagined.  Gratitude, in the purest form.
I know that I am the girl from the other side of the spiritual tracks.  Where I have come from and where I am today has never been a secret, especially since I am a transparent blogger.
So when I received an email from Terry Rush stating that he deemed me one of God's most valuable players and wrote about me in his new book, I sat humbled.  Humbled that my life is worth even mentioning and even more humbled at the fact that I have lived a life of "I cannot" which has started almost every prayer I have ever had.  Humbled that the other part of that phrase is, "but I have met the One who can."  And most humbled that He did.
I have been given a lot of wonderful compliments, and yes, I do appreciate them, but my very favorite compliment is "humble."  I truly believe it is man's greatest attribute.  http://www.christianchronicle.org/blog/2010/07/terry-rush-aims-to-bring-out-the-mvp-in-readers/

1 comment:

Daniel Dragomirescu said...

Dear Monica,

The independent and multicultural magazine C&LH has now a new available website.
The link to our website is the following:
http://contemporaryhorizon.blogspot.com
It will be a pleasure for us if you become a constant reader of „Contemporary Horizon” magazine. Thank you!
Best regards,

Daniel D. PEACEMAN, editor of CH Magazine