Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laugh



"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing.  The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place." -Mark Twain (1835-1910)
My life is entertaining.  This morning I drove my daughter to school with small birds swooping down, flying side by side as I drove...major Snow White moment.  I laughed, yes, out loud and thought it was one of those moments that I usually miss because I am hyper focused on a to do list the size of Texas.
I have missed a lot of moments.  I don't want to do that anymore.  
I want to laugh until milk comes out my nose.  I want to laugh so hard my stomach muscles hurt and I have laugh lines.  Okay, I don't really want the laugh lines, but I do want to start really laughing.
Humor is available...and for free. Okay, not really free, it is usually at someone's expense.
Just take a trip to a public place and start people watching.  Us humans, are hilarious!  We pick our nose at stoplights, we pull chewies from our cracks while waiting at the crosswalk, we even adjust our bras like brutes.  We run down on our trails wearing too tight, too loose, too bright, or too crazy outfits.  
So, be one of the crazy ones...listen to rap music, wear yellow, eat sour patch kids, play with a booger, make fun of yourself....and laugh! 

No comments: