Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cancer Fighters

Is making it to your 60th Birthday enough life?
Is making it to your 50th Birthday enough life?
For these two men in my life....I would yell, NO!
My step dad and my cousin are both such a joy to be around that it is almost unbelievable to think they would be fighting for their lives and more time with their families.
For those of you who have been through a loved one battling cancer...you know the fight is as real as going to war. It is a family fight. A fight for sanity, a fight for joy, and ultimately a fight to live.
For those of you that have already lost a loved one and are fighting a new fight with more loved ones...you know the armor gets heavy.
Hang in there. We never give up. No matter how low the white count, the red count, the multiple tests...we believe...we hold out hope for a miracle. Until the fat lady has sung, we believe they will make it. They need to see that in our faces, in our speech, in our willingness to go to bat for them...we believe and carry the torch of hope.

1 comment:

Meagan Dennison said...

I love your blog, Monica! And I pray for Tom daily...I know he'll fight this to the end. Hope to see you this weekend.