Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School

Well, as I am watching the sun go down, literally, I see the book closing on the last chapter labeled, Summer.
Eden and I spent a lot of time at the pool this year. Some memories are sweet, like watching her learn how to dive, or watching her order her own food and some for others believing it was "free."
Some are not so sweet, like the time I put down toilet paper on the toilet seat forgetting I was soaking wet. It took about five big guffaws for me to recognize what had happened and about five hours to finally get all of that toilet paper off the back of my wet legs. Good news, I don't easily embarrass, so I was over it by dinner.
But now, those long days have passed and it is the classic back to school time. I know, I am currently sharping over 50 pencils with a small sharpener, ironing a uniform and wandering how the alarm clock works, it has been so long.
So, goodbye summer....hello fresh new year with a second grader!

No comments: