Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012


This year I am vowing not to sit down and spend countless hours creating spreadsheets charting a year of resolutions pertaining to personal growth, spiritual growth and a play-by-play of how to change the world.
I am learning what is important now.
Laying in bed with my daughter, both snuggled up with books we cannot put down.
Dancing when I hear a great song and engaging whomever is with  me to do the same.
Griping finger for finger the hand of the man I love.
You know, I could never put all the car rides with Eden after school listening to her day in a spreadsheet, yet – wouldn’t that fall under at least one of the 12 areas of focus?  Sure it would, but why spreadsheet it when I can just live it.
If you’ve had the privilege of changing diapers, building sand castles, swinging a child for hours, holding sticky fingers, dressing a moving target, reading the same bedtime story over a thousand times…or have ever heard, “I love you!”  Then you don’t need to be making resolutions, you need to be keeping a gratitude journal.
2012 nights are going to conclude with a thank you prayer.  I will be thanking God for all the moments of the day and asking Him to direct the next if He so desires to give it to me.

No comments: