Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Scales of Life

Why do we live so unbalanced?
What if everything we spoke actually came into being?  What if God made it happen?  Would you be scared?

I would.  I speak of things I know nothing about.  At dinner parties I am the girl in the corner professing to be "Eden's mom" or "Brian's wife" or the party goer who only speaks of the road less traveled chosen so many years ago, but I don't have a clue.

Do you want to test yourself?  Go to a farewell party for someone leaving to receive a treatment they may not survive.  What matters at that party?

No one cares that you wrote a book, heck, even you don't care.  No one cares that you just finished sixty-five pages of curriculum for an innovative program bolstering emotional intelligence for children of all ages.

So what! 

Do you know what really matters?  Being present.

There is no guarantee that you haven't just attended your own farewell party. 

My hope for all of us, me included, is that we truly live in the moment.  Let's embrace those around us by listening with ears to hear what they are actually saying.  Let's live our words instead of professing them and hope that the Lord doesn't make us only wear the titles we profess in life.

Treat each day as a day measured by a scale and pray that it reveals balance.

For me, balance is the beautiful moments that I was completely present wanting nothing but the joy of the moment which usually includes others.

No comments: